Why SAP Incident Response?
It does not matter how good your detection measures are: there will always be a possibility of a 0-day attack or abnormal behavior. The ability to respond to them in time is vital.
Attacks on ERP security have become a hot topic, especially after the USIS data breach caused by an SAP vulnerability exploitation. Analysts from Gartner, IDC, KuppingerCole, Quocirca, and other companies have agreed on the significance of ERP systems security, which traditional solutions lack.
As attackers compromise the ever-expanding sections of organizations networks, retain long-term access, and venture deeper into corporate IT Resources, the attacks on ERP Systems are anticipated to Increase.
Anton Chuvakin, Research VP, Gartner.
Given the above, it comes as no surprise that 89% of the surveyed businesses anticipate that the number of attacks will increase. They also estimate an average damage of an ERP security breach at $5 million.
The EAS-SEC SAP Cybersecurity framework distinguishes the following areas important to respond when dealing with SAP Security: Incident Response, Clear Communications, Continuous analysis, Mitigation, and Improvements. All of these can be performed with the help of the ERPScan SAP Incident Response module.
What will you get from SAP Incident Response Module?
The SAP Incident Response Module of ERPScan Smart Cybersecurity Platform for SAP helps to detect critical changes and respond to security incidents. The module consists of the following components:
- Tasks – for every security issue identified by ERPScan you can create a ticket in the Task Management system, such as SAP Solution Manager or any other ITSM system.
- Changes – in case any difference between two scans is detected, such as new vulnerability or a new user with critical privileges, the system will save it as a change object so that you will be able to see all the alterations operated on them.
- Notifications – for each event in the system, be it either internal event or a new attack on SAP system, or any other change, there is an option to create a notification by email or send them to SIEM solution
How does SAP Incident Response Module work?
The SAP Incident Response module of ERPScan Smart Cybersecurity Platform for SAP makes security management swift and easy. With the help of customizable configuration, you can get notifications about almost any event in the system, be it either a new user in the system or an installed SAP Security Note.
You can send all the changes detected in the system to external SIEM solutions with the help of a system logger. We support all common systems, such as HP ArcSight, IBM QRadar, Splunk, and have pre-configured dashboards for them. We also support SIEM vendors who can read system logger events.
Who will benefit from SAP Incident Response Module?
The SAP Incident Response module of our ERPScan Smart Cybersecurity Platform for SAP is mostly relevant for Security Operations team, SOC analysts, and Incident Response. SAP Security team may also benefit from timely alerts about changes in the security posture of the SAP landscape.
- Responds to incidents in time by exporting any of these events into a SIEM solution, such as ones from IBM, HP or Splunk;
- Automates task management;
- Increases the speed of Incident Response;
- Manages all the critical changes in time.
With a 360-degree approach to the analysis of all SAP Security aspects, you can avoid the necessity to perform the time-consuming manual analysis.